Taqueria Moroleon

Mike's Take:
Taqueria Morleon is a little hole in the wall Mexican Restaurant on the outskirts of Kennett Square. It is in a shopping strip next to a Capriotti's. My work colleague and I were debating on eating at the Capriotti's or trying this "quaint" Mexican restaurant. Let's just say we made the wrong decision.

Taqueria Moroleon's atmosphere was adequate, having all the typically bright painted walls and Mexican flair. The lighting is a bit dim, but the atmosphere and facility is not where Taqueria Morleon stumbles. Let me start off with the highlight of the meal - The tortilla chips and salsa. Chips were good and there were 2 salsas to choose from: a mildly fresh salsa and a waterier spicy salsa. That's pretty much where the positives end, so let's move onto how this was one of my worst restaurant experiences of recent memory.

The chips were ok, but the iced teas we ordered were pretty awful. My colleague described them, as "Dirty Waters." The iced tea was way too watery and only had a slight hint of any sort of tea flavoring. For lunch, I ordered a combination plate which included a cheese enchilada and beef burrito, rice, and fixings. The cheese enchilada was subpar, the rice was bland, and the burrito was atrocious. The beef used for the burrito looked below Taco Bell grade and I'm pretty sure this item is what left me with my stomach ache on the ride back to the office. I also ordered a side chicken taco. I don't know about you, but when I order a taco, I expect it to be hard shell unless it says "soft taco." The chicken taco was soft shell, and after my combination plate I didn't even want it.

So our crappy meal is over, my stomach is beginning to feel upset and Taqueria Moroleon comes along and puts the nail in the coffin by offering us terrible slow service. Our waitress walked by our cleared and pushed aside plates 3 times before we spoke up and asked for the check. It was pretty ridiculous.

It is not often that I leave a restaurant this displeased and even rarer when I leave a restaurant physically ill. Taqueria Moroleon was so bad that it has ruined my appetite for Mexican food for the time being (quite a feat since I typically love Mexican). So what is the moral of this story? It's obvious...when in doubt, go with Capriotti's. Avoid this place at all costs!
NO STARS
NO STEAKS

345 Scarlet Rd # 15
Kennett Square, PA 19348
(610) 444-1210

Comments

helmet hair 365 said…
Wow-- I'm surprised your meal was so awful. The service not so much, unfortunately.

When we lived in Kennett we ate at Moroleon at least three times a week and the food was always fantastic. I can't ever remember having a bad meal there. The service was often frustrating, as you said.

I haven't lived in the area for four years and haven't been to Moroleon in almost as long. I'm sorry to hear it's gone downhill.

Popular posts from this blog

Beau Monde Creperie

Food Country: About Us