Landmark Americana Tap and Grill

The Landmark Americana Tap & Grill is a relatively new restaurant located on a corner in the heart of West Chester. It has a very slick and elegant appearance despite being a pub/tavern/sportsbar restaurant. Landmark has excellent roomy booths, flat screen televisions, and a very impressive and sturdy metal plated menu.



Mike's Take:

First let me say that this is my second time at the Landmark Americana, on my first visit I was very impressed with the Nacho appetizer and thought my burger was pretty delicious (though i am not sure which burger I ordered...I believe it was the Bison Burger). I was left with a very good impression on that first visit. Unfortunately, my second visit didn't quite live up to my memory of my first visit...though it's not a bad restaurant in the least.

For an appetizer, we ordered some Buffalo Fries. The buffalo sauce was excellent and kept me going back for more. The fries were somewhat soggy, but I forgave this somewhat because they were drenched with delicious buffalo sauce. However, there is no reason that the fries with my entree be as soggy. The fries here at the Landmark are definitely a huge letdown. They are thicker steak style fries (which is not my favorite "cut" of fry) but what really kills them is that they are not crispy at all on the outside and can be somewhat soggy as well. They just were not appetizing fries.

For my entree, I ventured away from the burgers and tried a cajun chicken burrito. The burrito was actually a pleasant surprise. The cajun chicken had a really good flavor and was cooked very well. It is my experience that cajun chicken can become very dry, but this chicken maintained a lot of moisture had the great cajun flavor and was supported by the sour cream and guacomole in the burrito. Honestly, the burrito offered a pretty interesting combination of a classic mexican dish while mixing it with a pub-style chicken sandwich flavor. The burrito was not mind blowing, but was good and a dish that you can't find at every pub and american grill.

All in all, I remembered Landmark being spectacular and it's not quite there. Maybe I was just looking at everything with a more critical eye. Landmark is definitely a notch above many of the bars, pubs, and grills that you will find in the area. It presents itself in a much nicer atmosphere than your typical grill and has a sort of "fine dining" atmosphere and aesthetic. It has an excellent selection of beers and a pretty decent line up of food.




Landmark Americana Tap & Grill
158 W Gay St
West Chester, PA 19380
(610) 701-9900
http://www.landmarkamericana.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beau Monde Creperie

Taqueria Moroleon

Food Country: About Us